Tepatitlán de Morelos is a city and municipality founded in 1530, in the central Mexican state of Jalisco. It is located in the area known as Los Altos de Jalisco (the 'Highlands of Jalisco'), about 70 km east of state capital Guadalajara. It is part of the macroregion of the Bajío. Its surrounding municipality of the same name had an area of 1,400 km2 (500 sq mi). Its most distinctive feature is the Baroque-style parish church in the centre of the city dedicated to Saint Francis of Assisi. Other notable sites include the kiosk that sits on the Plaza de Armas in downtown (ornamented with iron, it was built in France, and brought to the city), the Temple of San Antonio, and the city hall (Palacio Municipal). The latter is one of the most distinctive features in the city, built in neoclassic-baroque style.