Bani Na'im (Arabic: Banī Naʾīm) is a Palestinian town in the southern West Bank located 8 km east of Hebron in the Hebron Governorate of the State of Palestine. It is situated at a higher elevation than most localities in the area, with an altitude of 951 m. The town is best known as the burial place of Lot, a fact already mentioned around 400 CE, when it was known as 'Caphar Barucha'. Following the Muslim conquest, its name was eventually Arabicized as. The tomb of Lot was turned into a mosque during Islamic rule and remained so under Crusader rule. Later, the Arab tribe of Bani Nu'aym settled there, giving the town its current name, Bani Na'im, first used by Muslim scholar Abd al-Ghani al-Nabulsi in 1690.