At Rome2rio we’re busy helping people get from A to B around the globe. With 13 million unique monthly visitors, our multi-modal travel search and booking service is one of the top online travel resources used around the world.
We are looking for an experienced UI/UX Designer to join our growing team in Melbourne. This will be Rome2rio’s first full-time designer role and as such there is an ability to really define the design direction of business and help build it into a world-class travel product. As a UX/UI Designer, you will research, wireframe, test and design the Rome2rio experience across Android, iOS and Web.
What might you be doing day-to-day?
- Work with our Mobile App developers to help design our brand new Android and iOS Apps
- Design new interfaces for selling rail, bus & flight tickets
- Expand and help to solidify our global brand and style guidelines
- Work on improving our current website experience to help our millions of users find the relevant travel information
- A/B test site changes and use Google Analytics and user testing to improve the site design and functionality
Skills and Requirements:
- 3-5 years of experience designing digital products
- Know-how in building wireframe, flow, interfaces and experiences
- Design and pursuit for pixel-perfect interfaces
- An understanding of style-guide driven design
- Experience designing user interfaces for Mobile Apps and Desktop websites
- The ability to work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team, while still maintaining the capacity for self-direction with little supervision
- An online portfolio showing all of the above
- Based in Melbourne, Australia
- Knowledge setting up user testing sessions
- Experience working in Sketch and Figma
- Copywriting skills
You must be based in Melbourne.
Rome2rio, based in Melbourne, Australia, is busy helping people get from A to B around the globe. We offer a multi-modal, door-to-door travel search engine that returns itineraries for air, train, coach, ferry, mass transit and driving options to and from any location.
We have recently expanded our services to include on-site ticketing as we move to a hybrid search and booking model. We are a globally recognised, profitable start-up and pride ourselves on the can-do, engineering-centric culture built by our founders who are both developers themselves. Our team of 33 bring experience from companies such as Microsoft, Viator, Etsy, Google, Amazon, Hubspot, Lonely Planet, American Express, Intrepid Travel and 99 Designs.
Working at Rome2rio means that you will be immediately responsible for shaping a consumer focussed product used by millions worldwide alongside a deeply involved executive team that actively seek and listen to the opinions of staff to improve and expand our offering. Your work will have plenty of impact!
Pay and perks
We really value our staff and aim to offer competitive salaries. We typically pay roughly between $70,000 and $120,000 per annum plus superannuation, depending on your skills and experience.
Rome2rio offers a suite of additional benefits including:
Our team is based at Inspire9, a coworking space in Richmond. The loft-style warehouse space is home to 200 creative and entrepreneurial people. Table tennis, a pool table, Friday night drinks and a plenty of weekly meetups make this a fun, creative and social space to work in.
Interested? Send your CV and introduce yourself to Andrew, our UI team lead, at email@example.com