At Rome2rio we’re busy helping people get from A to B around the globe. With 10 million unique monthly visitors, our multi-modal travel search and booking service is one of the top online travel resources used around the world.
We are looking for an experienced UI/Front-End Developer to join our growing team in Melbourne. We have a range of challenging projects which you may tackle depending on your skills and interests.
For example you might:
- Work on improving the core user experience of Rome2rio on desktop, mobile and tablet devices
- Develop new interfaces for selling rail, bus & flight tickets
- Develop an interface for user accounts, bookings, history, saving and sharing itineraries
- Help design and build a better mobile website for our 5 million monthly mobile visitors
- A/B test site changes and use Google Analytics and user testing to improve the site design and functionality
Check out our company blog for an idea of what we are busy working on.
Who we’re looking for
We are looking for an experienced UI Developer who enjoys building high performance, user-friendly interfaces. The ability to thrive independently and a “get stuff done” attitude are important to us. You must be able to dive into existing code and be productive in a team environment.
Skills and Requirements:
- Cross browser and cross platform knowledge
- Ability to build high performance, reusable UI components and systems
- Experience with version control systems like Git or TFS
- An understanding of Agile methods and concepts
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Willingness to mentor junior team members
- Based in Melbourne, Australia
- Experience working with and maintaining large codebases
- A passion for creating beautiful interfaces and engaging user experiences
You must be based in Melbourne.
Rome2rio, based in Melbourne, Australia, is busy helping people get from A to B around the globe. We offer a multi-modal, door-to-door travel search engine that returns itineraries for air, train, coach, ferry, mass transit and driving options to and from any location.
We have recently expanded our services to include on-site ticketing as we move to a hybrid search and booking model. We are a globally recognised, profitable start-up and pride ourselves on the can-do, engineering-centric culture built by our founders who are both developers themselves. Our team of 33 bring experience from companies such as Microsoft, Viator, Etsy, Google, Amazon, Hubspot, Lonely Planet, American Express, Intrepid Travel and 99 Designs.
Working at Rome2rio means that you will be immediately responsible for shaping a consumer focussed product used by millions worldwide alongside a deeply involved executive team that actively seek and listen to the opinions of staff to improve and expand our offering. Your work will have plenty of impact!
Pay and perks
We really value our engineers and aim to offer competitive salaries. We typically pay roughly between $70,000 and $120,000 per annum plus superannuation, depending on your skills and experience.
Rome2rio offers a suite of additional benefits including:
Our team is based at Inspire9, a coworking space in Richmond. The loft-style warehouse space is home to 200 creative and entrepreneurial people. Table tennis, a pool table, Friday night drinks and a plenty of weekly meetups make this a fun, creative and social space to work in.
Interested? Send your CV and introduce yourself to Andrew, our front-end lead, at firstname.lastname@example.org