User Interface (UI) Designer
As the world starts to travel again, particularly in our core markets of Europe and the US, we know that global travel demand will take off in new ways. We are adding to our product to provide a more complete, connected and contextually relevant experience, and have big plans to become the world’s trusted companion for planning travel!
To help us on this journey we are looking for an experienced UI Designer to join our growing team in Melbourne. As UI Designer you will design innovative and usable design solutions that will directly impact our users and build out our product to help travellers plan, book and share their complete trip.
What we can do for you
This opportunity will see you working with an engaged cross-functional team that is passionate about our product. You will have space to work with autonomy while influencing the design direction of our product. You’ll have flexibility when and where you work, focus on outcomes over output, and an environment where your input is valued.
In this role you’ll get to
- Solve complex UX challenges using interaction design and prototyping tools
- You will be part of a cross functional team designing user focused solutions
- Collaborate with designers, product managers and engineers in ideating new products and services
- Work closely with the broader team to plan research, gather and analyse insights, and then incorporate findings into low and high fidelity designs
- Contribute to a living design system used by millions of people across the globe
- Expand our global brand and style guidelines
Who we’re looking for
- You’re a human-centered problem solver, curious about how people are interacting with our product
- You use insights to inform your designs and make decisions based on the impact to people and the business
- You’re a great communicator, happy to share your work and get feedback from your teammates
- You have 3+ years of experience as a UI Designer or similar with knowledge of Figma or Sketch
Rome2rio encourages you to apply even if you’re still developing some of these skills!
We value diversity and welcome all applicants regardless of ethnicity, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability.
It would be great if you brought experience or a willingness to learn the following:
- Experience creating and managing UI kits/components, design systems and creating brand consistent designs
- Knowledge setting up user testing sessions
- Copywriting skills
Alongside building a great consumer focused product, working with a talented team and an attractive salary, Rome2rio offers a suite of additional benefits including:
- Five weeks annual leave
- A biennial travel fund of $2000 towards international and domestic flights
- A biennial ground transport fund of $1000 for transit expenses outside of Melbourne
- A generous annual learning & development budget of $3000
- 10 weeks paid maternity leave and 20 days paid dad & partner leave
- A yearly health and wellness benefit
- A hybrid working model where you can choose to work from home or our office most days, along with a $500 contribution towards your home workstation set up
- A casual, creative and social loft-style warehouse space in Richmond where the team meets for scheduled activities and collaborative work, celebrations and lunches together
- We work flexibly to let life happen, we rely on great communication and focus on outcomes and engaging work over time on the clock.
As we meet in person from time to time, you need to be based in Victoria, Australia. To be considered for this role you must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident, or have full Australian working rights. As part of our flexible approach, we’d be open to discussing part time options.