As the world starts to travel again, we know that global travel demand will take off in new ways, and Rome2rio has big plans to become the world’s trusted companion for planning travel.
To help us on this journey we are looking for a People Operations Coordinator/Advisor, junior to mid level, to join our growing team in Melbourne. This role offers exposure and opportunities to work across a broad range of areas, including recruitment, workplace operations, human resources, employee experience, engagement and wellbeing. We have a people first mindset, we prioritise growth and development, we are passionate about our work, and we have fun doing it!
This is a great opportunity to join our team on the ground floor as we enter into an exciting growth phase. If you want to work in a fun dynamic team, have previous experience in a tech or startup environment, want a role that offers operational impact and plenty of people-focused activities – then this is the perfect role for you!
What we can do for you
You will have space to work with autonomy while influencing new initiatives in the people operations space. You’ll have flexibility when and where you work, focus on outcomes over output, and an environment where your input is valued.
You will be reporting to and working alongside a manager who values and supports your personal growth, is passionate about workplace happiness and a work environment that is true to our values. We have a learning team culture and we encourage each other in everything that we do.
In this role you’ll get to
- Play a key role in our team growth by coordinating the recruitment candidate experience and working with a cross-functional hiring team
- Support our onboarding process and programs while continuously building on Rome2rio’s position as an employer of choice
- Be involved in the development and implementation of people-related projects, from employee rewards and recognition initiatives, to improving policies and procedures
- Have fun with the work that you do, taking a lead on social initiatives and internal marketing, overseeing office operations and team events
Who we’re looking for
We are looking for somebody energetic and hands-on who is keen to get involved in just about anything. Demonstrable experience in running office operations, generalist human resource administration, or recruitment coordination would suit this role. Other attributes needed for this role include:
- Recent experience contributing to the administration and implementation of people related processes and initiatives
- You’re a human-centered problem solver, you take the initiative and find creative ways of doing things
- Your attention to detail is amazing and you are comfortable working across lots of different projects at the one time
- You’re a great communicator, happy to share your work and get feedback from your teammates
- A get-stuff-done attitude and willingness to take on any project with enthusiasm
- You are comfortable working across multiple projects at once and welcome the diversity of tasks
- A passion for quality work and creating positive experiences everyday
Rome2rio encourages you to apply even if you’re still developing some of these skills!
We value diversity and welcome all applicants regardless of ethnicity, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability.
It would be great if you brought experience or a willingness to learn the following:
- Experience working in a startup or tech environment
- Experience working across the full employee lifecycle
- An interest in learning and development, feedback and coaching
- A passion for travel and/or technology would be an advantage
Alongside building a great consumer focussed product, working with a talented team and attractive salaries, Rome2rio offers a suite of additional benefits including:
- Five weeks annual leave
- A biennial travel fund of $2000 towards international and domestic flights
- A biennial ground transport fund of $1000 for transit expenses outside of Melbourne
- A generous annual learning & development budget of $3000
- 10 weeks paid maternity leave and 20 days paid dad & partner leave
- A yearly health and wellness benefit
- A hybrid working model where you can choose to work from home or our office most days, along with a $500 contribution towards your home workstation set up
- A casual, creative and social loft-style warehouse space in Richmond where the team meets for scheduled activities and collaborative work, celebrations and lunches together
- We work flexibly to let life happen, we rely on great communication and focus on outcomes and engaging work over time on the clock.
As we meet in person from time to time, you need to be based in Victoria, Australia. To be considered for this role you must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident, or have full Australian working rights. As part of our flexible approach, we’d be open to discussing part time options.
Sound awesome? Apply HERE today!