Rome2rio makes travel planning easy. We are a door-to-door travel information and booking engine, helping you get to and from any location in the world. With millions of unique monthly visitors, our travel search and booking service is one of the top online travel resources used around the world.
We are looking for a full stack software engineer to join our growing team in Melbourne. As a full stack engineer you’ll work within one of our product development teams on a wide variety of projects across search, ticketing and content. You come with the requisite skills and adaptability to make product decisions and work across the full software stack.
For example you might:
- Optimize the accuracy and speed of our search algorithm
- Integrate new train, bus, hotel, rental car and attraction data from APIs and data feeds
- Build tools for our content team to add and maintain data in our system
- Improve the accuracy of estimated fares displayed on the site
- Work on improving the core user experience of Rome2rio on desktop, mobile and tablet devices
- Develop new interfaces for selling rail, bus & flight tickets
- Develop interfaces for user accounts, bookings, history, saving and sharing itineraries
- Help design and build a better mobile website for our millions of monthly mobile visitors
- A/B test changes and measure the impact to the site’s design and functionality
Check out our company blog for an idea of what we are busy working on.
Who we’re looking for
Skills and Requirements:
- Experience in HTML & CSS
- Ability to build high performance, reusable UI components and systems
- Experience with version control systems like Git
- An understanding of Agile methods and concepts
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Experience in or willingness to mentor team members, review code and contribute to implementing good engineering practices
- Experience with C#
- Experience working with and maintaining large codebases
- Cross browser and cross platform knowledge
- A passion for creating beautiful interfaces and engaging user experiences
You must be based in Melbourne.
Rome2rio, based in Melbourne, Australia, is busy helping people get from A to B around the globe. We offer a door-to-door travel search engine that returns itineraries for air, train, coach, ferry, and driving to and from any location.
We have recently expanded our services to include on-site ticketing as we move to a hybrid search and booking model. We are a globally recognised, profitable start-up and pride ourselves on the can-do, engineering-centric culture built by our founders who are both developers themselves. Our team brings experience from companies such as Microsoft, Google, Amazon, Viator, BBC Travel, Lonely Planet and Intrepid Travel.
Working at Rome2rio means that you will be immediately responsible for shaping a consumer focussed product used by millions worldwide alongside a deeply involved leadership team that actively seek and listen to the opinions of staff to improve and expand our offering. Your work will have plenty of impact!
Pay and perks
We really value our engineers and aim to offer competitive salaries. We typically pay roughly between $70,000 and $120,000 per annum plus superannuation, depending on your skills and experience.
Rome2rio offers a suite of additional benefits including:
Our team is based in a fun, creative and social loft-style warehouse in Richmond with table tennis and pool tables, plenty of break areas and access to nearby restaurants, cafes, and bars.
Interested? Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.