We are looking for two Front End Software Engineers (junior to senior) to join our team in Melbourne. As a Front End Engineer, you’ll work within our cross-functional product engineering teams on a wide variety of projects across customer acquisition, engagement, conversion, data coverage and content. You need to have a product and user mindset and a passion to build user value into our products.
Things you may work on could include
- Improve and experiment on the core user experience of Rome2rio on desktop, mobile and tablet devices
- Create new components, features and functionality based on our travellers’ needs
- Integrate new train, bus, hotel, rental car and attraction data from APIs and data feeds
- Build tools for our content team to add and maintain data in our system
- Improve the usability and presentation of estimated fares, routes and schedules displayed on the site
- Develop interfaces for user accounts, bookings, history, saving and sharing itineraries etc
- A/B test changes and measure the impact to the site’s design and functionality
Who we’re looking for
We are looking for somebody who is passionate about the Front-End and building user interfaces that are intuitive and that people love. The ability to thrive in a collaborative environment and a “get stuff done” attitude are important to us. Our frontend codebase uses TypeScript and the React framework.
Skills we’re interested in
- Experience in HTML & CSS
- Experience with version control systems like Git
- Cross browser and cross platform knowledge
- Excellent problem-solving and collaboration skills
- Experience in or willingness to mentor team members, review code and contribute to improving engineering practices
- A willingness to help establish and contribute to our design system
Rome2rio encourages you to apply even if you’re still developing some of these skills!
We value diversity and welcome all applicants regardless of ethnicity, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability.
As part of our flexible approach, we’d be open to discussing part time options.
If you are interested, let us know! Apply here.