It’s an exciting time to join Rome2rio as the world starts to travel again, particularly in our core markets of Europe and the US. Currently, we have an average user base of ~30 million visitors/month coming to us from across the globe. Users engage with Rome2rio to find their preferred transport option, tickets and accommodation. Our mission for 2025 is to help users move away from the pain of using many different travel planning tools and make it easier for them to plan, book and share their complete trip on Rome2rio.
To help us achieve this, we are currently looking for an experienced Digital Project Producer to join our team in Melbourne.
About the opportunity
This operational project role is responsible for helping to manage our high-value inventory of transport information, ensuring that travellers receive useful, accurate and up to date information to help plan their trips.
You will get to lead a regional team of remote Data Specialists, who collect transport data such as bus schedules, train routes, fare information and taxi operators from around the world. Your exceptional project management skills will drive quality data and operational efficiencies.
Based in Melbourne, you will be passionate about delivering high-quality travel information across a product that is used by millions of users every day. If you want to work in a fun dynamic team, have relevant experience and want to influence the future of travel, this role could be a great fit!
What you’ll be doing
- Plan, schedule and manage the regional strategy for keeping transport information up to date and relevant, using data insights, industry knowledge and traveller feedback.
- Lead, support and train a remote team of dedicated Data Specialists to source and maintain high quality transport data
- Provide travellers with all available transport choices by researching, identifying and acquiring new transport datasets in collaboration with the Commercial and Engineering teams
- Identify and drive opportunities that improve data quality and operational efficiencies such as new in-house tooling and workflow solutions that deliver high quality transport data at scale
- Work with the team to define, set-up and track success metrics
Who we’re looking for
You have a genuine passion for travel and understand the importance of providing accurate travel information to help travellers make informed trip planning decisions.
Highly collaborative by nature, you enjoy evolving new solutions and are not afraid to challenge the status quo. You are super organised, proactive with an eye for detail and take pride in driving quality outcomes that are delivered on time and within budget.
- Minimum 3+ years of relevant digital project management / operational management experience
- Demonstrable experience in leading and motivating virtual small teams
- A strong eye for detail regarding data entry input quality
- Commitment to delivering excellent work and desire to continually improve existing processes
- Ability to analyse and draw actionable insights from data, necessary for prioritising work tasks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical teams
- Positive attitude, keen sense of ownership and ability to learn new concepts quickly
Rome2rio encourages you to apply even if you don’t meet every point listed.
Rome2rio values diversity and inclusion. We welcome all applicants regardless of ethnicity, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability.
Alongside building a great consumer-focused product, working with a talented team and an attractive salary, Rome2rio offers a suite of additional benefits including:
- Five weeks of annual leave
- A biennial travel fund of $2000 toward international and domestic flights
- A biennial ground transport fund of $1000 for transit expenses outside of Melbourne
- A generous annual learning & development budget of $3000
- Paid parental leave of 10 weeks for primary carers and 4 weeks for secondary carers
- A yearly health and wellness benefit
- A hybrid working model where you can choose to work from home or our office most days, along with a $500 contribution towards your home workstation set up
- A casual, creative and social loft-style warehouse space in Richmond where the team meets for scheduled activities and collaborative work, celebrations and lunches together
- We work flexibly to let life happen, we rely on great communication and focus on outcomes and engaging work over time on the clock.
To be considered for this role you need to be an Australian citizen, permanent resident, or have full Australian working rights. As part of our flexible approach, we are always open to discussing part-time options.
Intrigued? We look forward to hearing from you. Apply here today!