Rome2rio makes travel planning easy. We are a door-to-door travel search and booking engine, helping you get to and from any location in the world. With millions of unique monthly visitors, our travel search and booking service is one of the top online travel planning tools used around the world.
Who we’re looking for:
We are looking for a Data Analyst to join our Data Science team in Melbourne. You’ll be working with a team of experienced Data Scientists and Data Engineers, with a specific focus on analysis and communication.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Understanding the data generated across web-based products and apps by an international consumer travel business
- Supporting data-driven decision making through synthesis and statistical analysis of existing data
- Improving company-wide understanding of goals and performance at all levels by supporting the development and measurement of KPIs
- Influence decision making by identifying trends and patterns in data and using it to help stakeholders prioritize hypotheses to be tested
- Communicating and sharing information with all levels of the business through dashboards, reports and presentations
Ideally you have:
- 2+ years experience in a similar role
- Demonstrable oral and written communication skills
- A natural curiosity and affinity for working with data
- An enthusiasm to work closely with non-technical stakeholders in marketing, product, engineering and commercialisation
- Experience with articulating product questions, pulling relevant data, conducting analysis to arrive at an answer and communicating findings to key stakeholders
- Experience with SQL, BigQuery or similar
- Experience with Tableau or similar Business Intelligence tools
Bonus points for:
- A background in statistics or quantitative analysis
- Experience with setting up and maintaining dashboards in Google Data Studio
- Experience with interacting with Google Analytics 360 data via BigQuery
- Experience with travel industry
Check out our company blog for an idea of what we are busy working on.
You must be based in Melbourne.
Rome2rio, based in Melbourne, Australia, is busy helping people get from A to B around the globe. We offer a multi-modal, door-to-door travel search engine that returns itineraries for air, train, coach, ferry, mass transit and driving options to and from any location.
We have recently expanded our services to include on-site ticketing as we move to a hybrid search and booking model. We are a globally recognised, profitable start-up and pride ourselves on the can-do, engineering-centric culture built by our founders who are both developers themselves. Our team of 33 bring experience from companies such as Microsoft, Viator, Etsy, Google, Amazon, Hubspot, Lonely Planet, American Express, Intrepid Travel and 99 Designs.
Working at Rome2rio means that you will be immediately responsible for shaping a consumer focussed product used by millions worldwide alongside a deeply involved executive team that actively seek and listen to the opinions of staff to improve and expand our offering. Your work will have plenty of impact!
Pay and perks
We really value our engineers and aim to offer competitive salaries. We typically pay roughly between $70,000 and $120,000 per annum plus superannuation, depending on your skills and experience.
Rome2rio offers a suite of additional benefits including:
Our team is based in a fun, creative and social loft-style warehouse in Richmond with table tennis and pool tables, plenty of break areas and access to nearby restaurants, cafes, and bars.
Interested? Click here to apply for this role!