At Rome2rio, we’re busy helping people get from A to B around the globe. With over 10 million unique visitors each month, our multi-modal travel search and booking service is one of the top online travel resources used around the world.
A key component of our company philosophy is to provide outstanding customer service, and as such Rome2rio is looking for the next great addition to our team as an experienced Customer Service Specialist.
Based in Melbourne, this is a full-time role that offers agreed flexible office hours with some weekend coverage.
If you want to work in a fun, dynamic team, have previous customer service experience and want to influence the future of online travel booking, this is the perfect opening for you!
What you’ll be doing:
- Provide and maintain a premium level of service to obtain the highest possible customer satisfaction.
- Communicate with travellers via email and social media for enquiries relating to existing travel bookings and general user feedback/queries.
- Resolve any issues and customer complaints within initial communication, and when necessary escalate to the relevant team member, supplier or transport provider.
- Process booking exchanges, cancellations and refunds for online bookings made directly with Rome2rio.
- Respond to product and service reviews via online communities.
- Assist with supporting a growing international customer-service team.
- Be proactively involved with researching, creating and improving our knowledge base, service processes and training materials.
- Act as the customer’s champion by continually collaborating with the team to optimise the site experience based on frequent customer feedback.
- Be prepared to grow, wear multiple hats and take on new challenges.
- Report to the Customer Service Leader.
Who we’re looking for:
- You are organised, have a sound attention to detail and are able to work under pressure.
- Ideally you will have previous experience working in a similar customer service role.
- You possess excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- You are genuinely passionate about going that extra mile to drive customer satisfaction.
- Tech savvy, preferably familiar with Gmail / Google Docs / Sheets / Microsoft Word / Excel.
- Previous experience with a Customer Support Helpdesk (such as Freshdesk or Zendesk) is favourable, but not essential.
- You speak English at a native level. Fluency in additional languages (such as Spanish, Italian, French, German, Portuguese, Russian, Polish, Chinese, Japanese and others) will be highly valued.
- Travel experience and knowledge will be regarded favourably. It’s important you understand the unpredictable nature of travel and can empathise with customer needs.
- You are flexible in terms of working hours (Monday to Friday, with the occasional weekends responding to emails on-demand).
- To be considered for this role you must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or have full Australian working rights.
Pay and Perks
Expected pay is between $50,000 and $60,000 per annum pro rata plus superannuation, depending on your skills, experience, and agreed hours. Our team is based in a fun, creative loft-style warehouse space in Richmond, right next to the train station.
Rome2rio offers a suite of additional benefits including:
To apply, simply send your CV and introduce yourself to Justin at email@example.com. When you apply, we’d love you to tell us a story from your career about your own customer support philosophy, including an example of how you made a positive difference to a customer.