At Rome2rio we’re busy helping people get from A to B around the globe. With 10 million unique monthly visitors, our multi-modal travel search and booking service is one of the top online travel resources used around the world.
We are looking for a Backend Software Engineer to join our growing team in Melbourne. We have a range of challenging projects which you may tackle depending on your skills and interests.
For example you might:
- Optimize the accuracy and speed of our multi-modal search algorithm
- Re-design our backend architecture to improve performance
- Integrate new train, bus, hotel, rental car and attraction data from APIs and data feeds
- Develop new features such as live fares integration or user accounts and search history
- Build tools for our content team to add and maintain data in our system
- Improve the accuracy of estimated fares displayed on the site
- Automate parts of our toolchain
- Work on dev-ops tasks and dashboards for site health, traffic and other metrics
Check out our company blog for an idea of what we are busy working on.
Who we’re looking for
You must be based in Melbourne.
Rome2rio, based in Melbourne, Australia, is busy helping people get from A to B around the globe. We offer a multi-modal, door-to-door travel search engine that returns itineraries for air, train, coach, ferry, mass transit and driving options to and from any location.
We have recently expanded our services to include on-site ticketing as we move to a hybrid search and booking model. We are a globally recognised, profitable start-up and pride ourselves on the can-do, engineering-centric culture built by our founders who are both developers themselves. The company has 23 staff based in Melbourne and is growing. Working at Rome2rio means that you will be immediately responsible for shaping a consumer focussed product used by millions worldwide alongside a deeply involved executive team that actively seek and listen to the opinions of staff to improve and expand our offering. Your work will have plenty of impact!
Pay and perks
We really value our engineers and aim to offer competitive salaries. We typically pay roughly between $70,000 and $120,000 per annum plus superannuation, depending on your skills and experience.
Rome2rio offers a suite of additional benefits including:
Our team is based at Inspire9, a coworking space in Richmond. The loft-style warehouse space is home to 200 creative and entrepreneurial people. Table tennis, a pool table, Friday night drinks and a plenty of weekly meetups make this a fun, creative and social space to work in.
Interested? Send your CV and introduce yourself to Miles, our back-end lead, at email@example.com.