At Rome2rio we’re busy helping people get from A to B around the globe. With millions of unique monthly visitors, our multimodal travel search and booking service is one of the top online travel resources used around the world.
We have grown a significant programmatic publisher business and are looking for an experienced Ad Operations Manager to own and drive further growth.
The Ad Operations Manager is a new role at Rome2rio and presents an opportunity to evolve the publisher business through commercial initiatives, covering all aspects of on-site advertising.
You will take ownership of AdOps at Rome2rio, working within an experienced commercial team with a passion for our product, you will be hands-on in collaboration with our established data science and product teams.
Given the space to work with autonomy and flexibility when and where you work. Rome2rio is outcomes focussed on how you work, and an environment where your input is valued.
About the role
You will research and implement changes in advertising configuration via tools such as Google Ad Managers and Google AdSense, as well as drive the development of new ad placements through experimentation in close collaboration with established design, engineering and data science teams.
You will maintain relationships with partners such as Google and Index Exchange, identify new partnership opportunities and build relationships.
You will manage the execution and the technical deployment of both direct (creative assets and tags) and programmatic display campaigns: Ad-serving, 3rd party tracking, trafficking, optimization, troubleshooting, operations maintenance.
Past experience in a direct sales environment, will ensure all aspects of planning optimisation and reporting direct campaigns, will help you assist future interests in ownership and distribution of premium inventory, and the development of display products.
Who we’re looking for
Our ideal candidate has had deep experience with Google Ad Manager (GAM/DFP), and broad experience with ad tech and AdOps management in general. You have had experience working on a large consumer-focussed web platform and want to make an impact as part of a tight, data-centric team.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Own AdOps at Rome2rio
- Stay on top of industry news – migration of third party cookies, new formats and technologies
- Build and maintain key partner relationships
- Hands-on ad server trafficking and administration including
- Reporting – overall metrics and progress of key projects
- Maintenance – monitoring performance of ad placements and identifying issues and driving their resolution
- Carry out QA and troubleshooting of ad placements and tagging, and sharing internal terms for best practice on our system
- Implement and manage CPM direct sales campaigns, and sponsored placements
- Provide monitoring and reporting of advertising activity revenues and key KPIs on direct sales campaigns and campaign completion summaries
- Provide yield strategies and inventory optimization over entire campaigns (STR, CPM, Revenue)
- Work with design, engineering and data science teams
- Identify and communicate key metrics
- Prioritise implementation of new and existing ad tech
- eg. Header bidding, Native Ads, Video, In-app Ads
Skills and Requirements
- Experience in programmatic AdOps on the sell-side/publisher-side, particularly optimising performance for Ad Exchange or similar. This could be in an agency, startup, or other digital publisher.
- Experience with Google Ad Manager (GAM/DFP)
- A passion to get things done; you’ll be comfortable across strategy and tactical execution, with the ability to think critically and manage multiple projects, campaigns, and inventory pools at the same time
- An understanding of uptodate attribution models and how this can determine best results for campaign implementation and reporting
- Ability to identify segmentation of inventory for partner campaign planning/reporting and optimisation. Experience with vendors for creative materials.
- Enthusiasm to work as a member of a multidisciplinary team, while still maintaining the capacity for self-direction with little supervision
Alongside building a great consumer focused product, working with a talented team and an attractive salary, Rome2rio offers a suite of additional benefits including:
- Five weeks annual leave
- A biennial travel fund of $2000 towards international and domestic flights
- A biennial ground transport fund of $1000 for transit expenses outside of Melbourne
- A generous annual learning & development budget of $3000
- 10 weeks paid maternity leave and 20 days paid dad & partner leave
- A yearly health and wellness benefit
- A hybrid working model where you can choose to work from home or our office most days, along with a $500 contribution towards your home workstation set up
- A casual, creative and social loft-style warehouse space in Richmond where the team meets for scheduled activities and collaborative work, celebrations and lunches together
- We work flexibly to let life happen, we rely on great communication and focus on outcomes and engaging work over time on the clock.
As we meet in person from time to time, you need to be based in Victoria, Australia. To be considered for this role you must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident, or have full Australian working rights. As part of our flexible approach, we’d be open to discussing part time options.
Intrigued? We look forward to hearing from you! Apply here today!