Rome2rio is on a mission to be the go-to resource for getting from A to B anywhere in the world. Rome2rio currently serves 12M monthly visitors and is highly focussed on developing our strong European and North American markets.
The Growth Marketing Manager role provides an exciting opportunity to work closely with our engineering and data science teams to shape and optimise our current global marketing channels and develop new ones. We have a strong data-driven culture in digital marketing and use sophisticated modelling to evaluate outcomes of strategic execution.
This wide-ranging role, reporting directly to the COO, straddles creative copywriting, campaign development and strategy for SEO, SEM, email and social. Our ideal candidate has had deep experience in paid search and broad experience with other digital marketing channels. We are also looking for someone who has had experience working on a large consumer-focused web platform and would like to make an impact in a generalist role as a part of a small, data-centric product development team.
Experience in travel is highly desirable as is an understanding of the dynamic and shifting startup environment. You may come from an agency background with a desire to build your overall digital marketing skill set in an in-house role. We expect you to be committed to continuous learning and look for ways to build your skills via formal and informal learning. You are a keen industry researcher and keep up to date on the latest thinking across SEO, SEM and other marketing channels.
The key responsibilities include:
- Testing, validating and implementing SEM copy strategies in partnership with our data science and editorial teams.
- Maintaining our relationship with our Google account manager to gain insights into new products and opportunities.
- Providing best practice insights and recommendations to assist our overall SEO strategy.
- Preparing and communicating research into competitors and their DM strategy
- Actioning audit actions from tools such as Moz and SEMrush.
- Identify focus areas for on-site improvements such as site structure, internal linking, and content.
- Assist in the successful rollout of the Rome2rio affiliate program.
- Collaborate with several teams to implement a post-sale email communication strategy for our newly launched tickets product.
- Training our content marketing/editorial team in producing materials for email campaigns, social media and content marketing. This may include Mailchimp training, social media advertising training and advice and SEO best practices for content campaigns.
Skills and Requirements
- 3 – 5 years experience in a consumer focussed digital marketing role. This could be in an agency, startup or other digitally focussed business.
- Demonstrable experience in two of the following areas; SEM, SEO and email marketing.
- Some experience with affiliate programs, social media and content marketing is desirable. Bonus points if you have experience administering an affiliate network platform such as HasOffers.
- Experience with Google AdWords.
- Experience with Mailchimp.
- Experience with ads management for social networks is desirable.
- Experience with Google Analytics.
- A passion to get things done; you’ll be comfortable across strategy and tactical execution.
- The ability and enthusiasm to work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team, while still maintaining the capacity for self-direction with little supervision.
Rome2rio, based in Melbourne, Australia, is busy helping people get from A to B around the globe. We offer a door-to-door travel search engine that returns itineraries for air, train, coach, ferry and driving to and from any location.
We have recently expanded our services to include on-site ticketing as we move to a hybrid search and booking model. We are a globally recognised, profitable start-up and pride ourselves on the can-do, engineering-centric culture built by our founders who are both developers themselves. Our team brings experience from companies such as Microsoft, Google, Amazon, Viator, BBC Travel, Lonely Planet and Intrepid Travel.
Working at Rome2rio means that you will be immediately responsible for shaping a consumer focussed product used by millions worldwide alongside a deeply involved leadership team that actively seek and listen to the opinions of staff to improve and expand our offering. Your work will have plenty of impact!
Pay & Perks
Expected pay is between $80,000 and $100,000 per annum plus superannuation, depending on your skills and experience. Rome2rio also offers a suite of benefits including:
Our team is based in a fun, creative and social loft-style warehouse in Richmond with table tennis and pool tables, plenty of break areas and access to nearby restaurants, cafes, and bars.
Interested? Send your CV and introduce yourself to Kirsteene at email@example.com. When you apply, we’d love for you to tell us about the best book you read this year and why we should read it too.