Rome2rio is on a mission to be the go-to resource for getting from A to B anywhere in the world. With millions of unique monthly visitors, our travel search and booking engine is one of the top online travel resources used globally.
The Digital Marketer role provides an exciting opportunity to work across several departments and help shape our global marketing channels. This wide-ranging role straddles SEO, SEM and Content. Our ideal candidate has had experience in SEM and SEO strategy and execution of these strategies for large websites. Some experience in managing tactical execution in additional areas such as email or social media channels is also desired.
The role is currently a one day a week (8 hours) contract role with the opportunity to expand with time. We would require you to work from our office in Richmond. The contract rate will be set in accordance with your level of experience and current market rates.
The key responsibilities include:
- Testing and validating SEM copy strategies in partnership with our technical SEM team.
- Investigating new SEM products.
- Maintaining our relationship with our Google account manager to gain insights into best practices and opportunities.
- Providing best practice insights and recommendations to assist our overall SEO strategy.
- You are an avid reader of the most relevant industry news and stay abreast of industry-wide changes.
- Actioning audit recommendations from tools such as SEMrush.
- Assist in training our content marketing and editorial team in producing materials for email campaigns, social media and content marketing.
- This may include email marketing training, social media advertising training and advice plus SEO best practices for editorial campaigns.
- At times we may need you to produce these materials as well.
Rome2rio, based in Melbourne, Australia, is busy helping people get from A to B around the globe. We offer a door-to-door travel search engine that returns itineraries for air, train, coach, ferry and driving to and from any location.
We have recently expanded our services to include on-site ticketing as we move to a hybrid search and booking model. We are a globally recognised, profitable start-up and pride ourselves on the can-do, engineering-centric culture built by our founders who are both developers themselves. Our team brings experience from companies such as Microsoft, Google, Amazon, Viator, BBC Travel, Lonely Planet and Intrepid Travel.
Working at Rome2rio means that you will be immediately responsible for shaping a consumer focussed product used by millions worldwide alongside a deeply involved leadership team that actively seek and listen to the opinions of staff to improve and expand our offering. Your work will have plenty of impact!
Our team is based in a fun, creative and social loft-style warehouse in Richmond with table tennis and pool tables, plenty of break areas and access to nearby restaurants, cafes, and bars.
Interested? Send your CV and introduce yourself to Kirsteene at firstname.lastname@example.org. When you apply, we’d love for you to tell us about the best book you read this year and why we should read it too.