We are looking for a Technical Project Manager to join our growing team in Melbourne. The role is part-time and suitable for a candidate with family responsibilities that could work three or four days per week (or equivalent).
You will be responsible for helping the ongoing effort to acquire and maintain Rome2rio’s unique and highly valuable repository of transport data.
You will be working alongside our existing project and content management team of three. The team’s role covers a variety of projects including:
- Managing a global team of freelance contractors who collect transport information.
- Working with contractors to maintain a global repository of train, bus, ferry and other transport routes.
- Collecting fare information, which is used to model estimated prices on Rome2rio.
- Collecting transport operator website, logo, deeplinking and naming information.
- Managing testing, user feedback and social media presence.
- Managing relationships with transport operators, affiliate partners and B2B partners.
- Co-ordinate regular relevance testing, user testing, and software testing.
- Presenting content statistics, expenses and progress to the entire Rome2rio team.
- Identify improvements to content team processes and identify requests for the engineering team.
- Developing basic tools and scripts to aid content data analysis and processing
Check out our company blog for an idea of what we are busy working on.
Who we’re looking for
We are looking for somebody with experience in a project manager or similar role in a software or IT environment. You should be capable of working independently and driving projects, whilst also working closely with others.
A bachelors degree or higher in an IT related field is desirable.
Some solid technical skills are important for this role. We are after somebody who isn’t afraid of Excel and can, for example, put together a pivot table or tinker with basic HTML. A passion for quality work and improving the Rome2rio user experience is essential.
You must be based in Melbourne and available at least three days per week, or equivalent.
Rome2rio, based in Melbourne, Australia, is busy helping people get from A to B around the globe. We offer a multi-modal, door-to-door travel search engine that returns itineraries for air, train, coach, ferry, mass transit and driving options to and from any location.
We have recently expanded our services to include on-site ticketing as we move to a hybrid search and booking model. We are a globally recognised, profitable start-up and pride ourselves on the can-do, engineering-centric culture built by our founders who are both developers themselves. The company has 23 staff based in Melbourne and is growing. Working at Rome2rio means that you will be immediately responsible for shaping a consumer focussed product used by millions worldwide alongside a deeply involved executive team that actively seek and listen to the opinions of staff to improve and expand our offering. Your work will have plenty of impact!
Pay and perks
Expected pay is between $35,000 and $60,000 per annum plus superannuation, depending on your skills, experience, and part-time hours. We also provide a weekly team lunch and an annual retreat to somewhere warm like Cairns or Townsville.
Inspire9 is home to around 50 start-ups and freelancers and is based in a loft-style warehouse space. Table tennis, a pool table, Friday night drinks and a plethora of meet-ups each evening make this a fun, creative and social space to work. We do our best to minimize unnecessary meetings and work hours are reasonably flexible.
Interested? Send your CV and introduce yourself to Kate at firstname.lastname@example.org.